From:
Marianne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 22:08:31 -0400
Well, as the header says, I am sooo disapointed in Periscope and Hobbes.
For ages we thought they were the best-behaved litter-box trained
ferrets. We even bragged to people! But suddenly today I realized that my
room smelled yukky. Under my desk I keep alot of boxes, rolled up posters
and some clothes sometimes get under there (ie its a big mess). Anyway
today we found *tons* of ferret poop and pee there all over everything,
kind of hidden though, when i say tons i mean 3 months worth (since
Periscope and Hobbes moved in here). It was so gross! Here they were
pretending to be so good and meanwhile always going in *my* room!!!! Well
after the room was sterilized and the carpet cleaned etc I have decided
not to let them in here anymore (also i realized the computer's phone
cord was chewed up in many places: i had also bragged that they never
chew cords!!). Since here is off-limits they will find another spot i am
sure. Now we have to retrain them to use their litter box when not in the
cage, all the time. Does anyone have any advice on training a ferret
thats not used a litter box when outside the cage to do so? They always
use it when in the cage, and used in when in front of us outside the
cage. Anyway thats all for now, until they get up to some other mischief!

ps Is it harmful if a ferret eats a mouse? We think there used to be mice
in the cupboards (there is some poop there) but now they're aren't, if
there were, so i am assuming Someone got them. Do they actually eat them
or just maim them? I gave Periscope a furry fake mouse once and she
attacked it savagely and bit its head off so i assume eat....

Marianne