From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:46:50 EDT
ok..
so i know some of you are breeders, some of you run shelters, others just
have a bazillion ferrets--but to me, this weekend was an experience.  So
for those of you that this is an everyday affair, indulge me please!

On friday, I drove to NYC, made arrangement to pick up my first official
donations from a wonderful gal who's fuzzy passed away.  I squeezed a cage
and tons of supplies into my little jetta and zoomed off to ANOTHER ferret
related adventure.

In Nyack, I met Caryl.  The amazing lady that has been rescuing ferrets on
her own time and energy.  I got to meet the three fuzzies I was picking up
for transport.  AND I also met her four ferrets.

We returned to my house for fun with 6 ferrets while I packed for my weekend
away.

On saturday, we took off for my friend's summer home in PA--where we met
EVEN MORE ferrets!

I was transporting the three rescues up to Denise in PA.  She is an amazing
lady with 10 ferrets (this makes 13!) and a saving account all prepped and
ready to go in case of problems.  She seemed like the perfect lady to take
them in!  She brought 4 of her gang for me to see.

So in this little living room there was my three guys, the three rescues,
four of her gang AND trekkie.  Trekkie is my friend's ferret who is 8 and
never really met another.  She didn't really care.  She ran right up to
Merlin the Devil and wanted to smell him.  True, he was in a cage, but
STILL that was bold!  She is so little and he is a horse!

what is my point?

my point is HOW DO YOU DO IT!

i was nuts looking for this ferret or that one.  making sure haggis wasn't
showing moose where the marshmellows were, making sure bandit didn't climb
the fireplace again, seperating a bunch of ferrets that ALL thought they
were the alphas...

as crazy as it was: i loved it-- :)

everyone out there with more than four ferrets get tons of support from
me--these guys were wild!  They had fun and my gang slept forever!  Even
keera (my female) tired quickly and curled up to sleep.  Merlin got a
little feisty and fought with my hand.  He ended up iwth a time out in his
travel cage.  Merlin is deaf so i didn't think much of it when he started
squeeking.  until i realized that he was jumping in his cage and squeeking
like a maniac.  i thought he must have been really really mad-but denise
says he doesn't USUALLY talk to himself.  So we watched him jump under this
blanket and then there was a screech that no longer sounded happy--and out
popped my poor little keera's head~ the poor girl had decided to go to
sleep in the travel cage when no one was looking--and we tossed the
devilchild in there with her!

keera soaked up the sympathy all weekend and merlin was happy as could
be! ;)

Denise: you have 3 new wonderful babies there!

I had a ton of fun with so much feret stuff to do. My threesome are loving
the increased attention..but i am thinking it is kinda quiet! ;)

meg