Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:07:40 -0700
I see that someone on the list is curious about ferret sushi.  Here's a
basic recipe that I've tried a few times:

1) Take a sheet and lay it out flat.

2) Cover the sheet with a layer of cozy blankets.

3) Stretch out five or six ferrets and lay them tip-to-tip along one
   edge of the sheet.  For added zest, add a few stuffed animals or
   jangly balls as well.

4) Starting from the edge with the ferrets, carefully roll up the sheet.
   This may require some assistance.

5) I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I've never actually made it
   this far without all the ferrets popping out the ends.  I assume that
   if you have a ferret named Ginger, you should use her as a condiment.

Okay, back to reality.  Our Ginger loves rice and we give her a few
grains every time we make sushi.  (We only make veggie sushi, so I've
never given any thought to the dangers of seafood.)  A few days ago
Chester tried to get into the soysauce.  We took it away from him before
we could figure out if he actually liked it.  I'm assuming that they
should not be given wasabi!

Julie - and Ginger, Chester, Sned, and Aggie