Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:37:09 -0500
Debbie R. and Bill K.

Thank you for your detailed explantions of your adoption policies.  It made
me feel better that I had been generous rather than stingy.  I should
clarify (for the benefit of anyone who may wish to adopt from Sandee
Mozzone, that she did *not* ask for the donation.  She also knew that I was
interested in adopting only "needy" ferrets and would love to care for a
sick one.  She is sending me to her vet, who specializes in ferrets.  She
gave me the cage that came with Blizzard and is stopping by to give me
another one and pick up the loaner she gave me for Baby.  She is very
protective of her charges and insisted (politely) on meeting me and bringing
the ferrets to me so she could see how my original girls were living.

The four girls show no signs of making friends yet.  I have strong hopes
that Baby -- who really deserves the name, being incredibly lovey as well as
pudgy -- will be sleeping with Eloise and Sabine in time, but I think
Blizzard will always be a loner.  I'm sure she's the reason the former owner
kept them in separate cages.  Just not interested in other ferrets, and in a
way that I do not think has to do with her illness.

Bill K:
I should clarify.  No, I would not have moved the toy of poor Blizzard.  My
concern was not to keep *her* from moving it around, but to keep another
ferret, Eloise, from stealing it.  Eloise already eats Blizzard's food and
rubs herself all over Blizzard's hammock every chance she gets.

Thanks again.  I do feel better.  Thanks also for the medical info.  It
helps me wait until we can see the vet.

Judith White