From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 10:41:41 -0500
Back on Oct. 24, I posted about my baby Joey who had Helicobacter infection
with Gastric Ulcers.  Well I am happy to report that Joey is doing great.  I
don't feel that he is completely recovered because he still sleeps most of
the time.  He is only awake about 15 min.  after each meal (5 times a day)
and he hasn't played very much.  When I first posted about him, I said his
weight was 1.5 lbs., well that was incorrect.  The vet's assistant didn't
weigh him right.  His weight was more like .8 or .9 lbs.  When we went in
for his recheck he was 2.0 lbs.  He has gained about a pound or more in 1
1/2 weeks.  I have been feeding him one of 3 different receipes I have for
Duck Soup (thanks Scott).  I no longer have to force feed him, but the only
thing he will eat is Duck Soup, and only if he is sitting in my lap.  One of
the vets told me to just stop feeding the Duck Soup and when he got hungary
he would eat his regular food.  I can't bring myself to do that because the
weight increase has been so good I'm afraid he will lose weight again, and I
also enjoy the closeness of him sitting in my lap.  Anybody have any
suggestions.

Another question.  Joey shakes or shivers the whole time he eats.  He didn't
do this at first, of course he was so weak he didn't do much of anything.
Now everytime I go get him to eat he starts shaking.  At first I thought he
was scared.  But he doesn't try to get down or get away.  So then I started
thinking he was excited about eating.  Any Ideas.

Thanks,
Bobbie and Joey