From:
sleepyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:32:36 -0400
>From:    Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Does anyone know where the funds go?  Sometimes I wonder if anyone is
>really aware of how funds are spent at SOME, rewscues.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you implying there is something shady
going on?  The tone of your letter made me wonder.

Congratulations on doing a good job of placing the 40 ferrets from Petco
without outside help.  I don't meant to detract from your accomplishment,
but is it realistic to compare taking in neutered ferrets at an average
of 13.3 a year to taking in 67 plus (Hagerstown) whole ferrets in one
day?  Ferrets of all ages, that have lived in terrible conditions,
abused, with many in various stages of ill health.  Doing this not over
the course of three years, but doing it in one day.  How can you not
understand an honest need for large amounts of funds in hurry?  Large
rescues most often happen with not much opportunity to plan for manpower
or the financing in advance.  The rescuers often run small shelters
themselves, they are hard working people with big hearts.

Would you prefer they not rescue the abused, or suspend caring for these
rescued ferrets till you have time to go over their books.  I mentioned
Hagerstown, but my thoughts are directed to Utah and Titusville as well.
If not mistaken, many small shelters around the country have kicked in
to support the shelters involved in these three large rescues.

All the best,
Peggy Alden-Clapper

Be a Santa to a shelter ferret  :)
visit the Giving Tree