Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 07:11:23 -0800
I lost my best friend this morning.

Rasta completely deteriorated the past two days.  He could not walk,
stopped eating and had bloody stools.  I had planned to take him into the
vet this morning to help him across the bridge but instead, nature took him
in his sleep early this morning.  My husband and I knew the time was near
last night and that he may not make it through the night.  Grandma and
Grandpa (my folks) came over last night to say goodbye and Rasta gave
Grandma a big kiss.  I held him for a very long time last night and checked
on him several times.  Cleo was the only one who would still sleep with him
and she was with him when he passed.  He still had that special something
with the ladies.

Right now, I am getting ready to take him to the vet to be cremated.  My
two other boys are getting neutered today, so I am also scared for that.
I do not know how I am going to function at work.

Sleep peacefully, my baby.  Now you can play with Samantha, your one true
ferret love:
And so today my world it smiles,
Your hand in mine, we walk the miles,
Thanks to you, it will be dawn,
For you to me, are the only one.

I love you my sweet baby.  Mom and dad miss you.