From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:17:27 -0500
Deb, flying is actually safer than driving.  No matter what you are doing
it ALWAYS pays to have clear instructions on who will get the ferrets if
you are ill, hurt, or killed.  Our's include the existing equipment and
supplies, plus funds to cover life-time care which will accompany them.  We
are revamping our's now due the move of the person who was their recipient
in the past: from Hanan Caine who had been at the Basking Ridge Animal
Hospital in N.J.  to Joe Martins at that location, both vets -- with the
same instructions but just different vets to receive the ferrets,
equipment, supplies, and monies.  Have to get around to formally changing
the wills, but have notified family members and asked them to keep this
info ON FILE, and will copy it to them again now, just as a precaution
while I am thinking about it.