Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:20:18 -0600
A few random things:

1. I was in the pet store in the mall yesterday (evidently my complaints
from before helped ... the ferret cage was cleaner and the food bowl was
full), watching their adorable little kits romp about.  A little girl
standing by the cage turned, and delightedly screamed across the store,
"HEY, MOMMY!  COME LOOK AT THE BABY RACOONS!!  THERE'S A *WHITE* RACOON IN
THERE, TOO!"

2. Dervish will do anything for the goo in the center of a Cadbury cream
egg.  Whenever she sees me unwrap one, she gets up on her little hind legs
and just stays there, swaying, until I let her have a lick.  I never should
have taught her that trick.

3.  My mother thinks I'm insane.  I officially made the switch to bottled
water ... for Dervish.  Does anyone else do this?   (It's a bit easier for
me since I only have one ferret ... how many cases of Evian would ten
ferrets go through in a week?!  Especially those water-bowl diggers.)

And my hint:
Dervish was an incorrigible trashcan digger, especially in the bathroom.
But she just suddenly stopped last week, and I couldn't figure out why.
Then it hit me.  I use a vitamin E-ti tree-lavender oil blend on my nose
piercing, and Dervish hates the smell.  I've been tossing the oil-dampened
swabs in the trashcan, and now she won't go near it!  Perhaps other
strong-smelling oils can be used as a ferret-deterrent?

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("Wow ... that oil stuff smells
worse than a hob!")