Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:31:18 EST
one week ago, Dante my ferret, i noticed had some trouble going potty.
he would back up and try and nothing would come out, he kept trying and
crying.  i called his doctor and asked what i should do... so i gave him
some metamucil but he wouldnt take it... so we had an apointment the next
morning to see his doctor (i couldnt take him that night cuz his doctor
is an hour away and i had to work)

so when we went to see the doctor he sqeezed his belly and made dante go
pee.  he noticed that there were gritty sand like particles in his urine.
so he looked at it under the microscope and it was crystals forming and
blocking his urthea.  he said it could be from the food he ate.  the only
food i feed all 5 of my ferrets is superior choice from the ferret
store.com.  but my other 4 ferrets never had this problem.  the doctor
now has dante on prescription diet cat food from the vet.  as well as
my other ferrets now too.  i just wanted to share this story to see what
any of you guys had to say about it.

bre-ann
dante, odie, lb, buddy, and doh-doh