From:
Caitlyn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:01:50 -0700
Hi, everyone,

The guy I've lived with the past five years and I are going our separate
ways.  All our ferrets have been together for that whole time, some since
they were kits.  Two ferrets survive from his original business, and five
do from mine.  The other two, a pair of now almost nine year olds that we
adopted two years ago, are neither "his" nor "hers", but rather ours.  Of
course, the ferrets don't know all this.

Anyway, he wants to keep his two.  We've also decided that the two old
guys stay with him since, in addition to be very bonded to each other,
are very bonded to Tenchi, our dominant alpha, who is one of his.  The
idea is not to break up clear bonds if at all possible.  Of course, it
isn't 100% possible.

Has anyone split a business like this before?  If so, did any of the
ferts become depressed moving from a large business to a smaller one?
How can we make this happen and still keep all the ferts happy and
healthy?  I am really open to suggestions.

For the record, I would have happily taken all nine, but he won't hear
of it.  He also isn't willing to take all nine himself, so keeping the
business together isn't going to happen.  I know in my heart that's
what's best for the ferts, but like it or not, Tenchi and Ayeka aren't
mine to take.

All the best,
Caity