Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:35:33 -0400
Hi,

I paid Pet Supermarket in Roswell, GA a visit.  To say the least I was
very disappointed.  There were 8 ferrets in an aquarium cage (smaller
than Petco's) with pine shavings on the floor.  Both food dishes were
completely empty, except for shavings.  There was no litter box or
hammock & only one toy, a large ball with holes in it.

They were all very active & seemed healthy.  Six of the ferrets were
blazes.  (Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that a blaze has a white
head or a large white stripe on it's head) The blazes were more expensive
as they were considered "fancy ferrets".  This seemed like a lot of
blazes, I hardly ever see them in stores, lot alone this many at once.
They desperately need a nail trimming.  I have welts on my arms were they
were trying to climb up my arm.  I feel in love with one of them.  He kept
jump up the side of the cage trying to get to me.  When I picked him up he
just laid in my arms sniffing around.  I really wanted to get him but my
fianci said no because they were all so cute that if we got one we were
getting them all!

I really hated to interrupt the two employees working, as they were having
a very important conversation about cars.  When I ask how old they were
the guy told me about 8 weeks.  (I did not buy this as they were almost as
big as my 2yr old male & he's a tubby butt.) I said that they were very
large to only be 8 weeks old.  He then told me that well maybe they were
a little older, one had gotten sick & whenever that happens they have to
quarantine them for a while.  I asked if they always keep food with them.
He said that they did.  I then told him that well both bowls were empty
now.  I could see that I would get nowhere talking with them.

The hamsters & birds were also kept in these type of cages.

Is there anybody in the area that could check in on this store.
Unfortunately, I am moving back to WV friday.  Is there anything that I
can do between now & then though?

Thank you,
Alexis