From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:30:07 -0400
No. 421 and Oliver had been very busy bringing in the raisin crop and
setting up their farm stand. Business was brisk, and Oliver was working
hard at the stand and evenings he was busy practicing his bows and hand
kissing.

He was just putting the last basket up when bluebird came fluttering
up to her special perch.

"Hi Oliver," she chirped. "You is finally going to have a chance to
use all that bowing and hand kissing you been practicing. I'se been
awatchin' you from yonder tree, and you are getting better."

She handed Oliver a ticket and told him a real lady was crossing.

Just then, NO. 421 came out of the cabin and saw Bluebird.

"Hello there," he said. "What brings you here at this time of day?"

Bluebird told No. 421 she had a ticket and she gave it to Oliver.
"By the way, where is Oliver," she chirped.

Oliver had taken the ticket and made a mad dash to the shower. He was
putting the finishing touches on his hair when No. 421 knocked on the
door.

"Hey Oliver, you in there," he shouted. "Let me have a peak at that
ticket. Come on, do we need to find anyone? We have a lady to greet.
You look fine just the way you are."

Oliver stepped out of the bathroom in his Sunday best. Every hair was
in place, and he was wearing his special after-shave.

No. 421 took one look at him and told him to go over the South Meadow
and find Pendleton, Gizmo and a sister named Bob.

Oliver bowed low, and sweeping his hat off of his head, he turned and
walked down the path. When he was out of sight, he began to run. He
did not want to miss any of this greeting.

Pendleton and Gizmo had fired up the grill and Bob was bringing out a
platter of marinated N-Bones when Oliver arrived.

"Hey Gizmo," Oliver called. I has a family member of yours crossing.
No. 421 wants someone to come and greet her with us."

Pendleton came rushing over to Oliver. "Hey Buddy -- who it is, is it
Jasmine, is she here? Gizmo, you come with me and Bob can man the
grill. We'll be back in a jiffy."

The three ferrets ran up the path and arrived at the bridge just as a
lovely lady came across. The bridge swayed slightly and she walked with
a grace that was alluring. Oliver could only stare; she was a beauty.

No 421 took her paw as she stepped down from the bridge. Oliver rushed
up to No. 421's side to offer his assistance. Jasmine looked up at No.
421 and asked why she was at the Rainbow Bridge.

"You are here because your time on earth was up," No. 421 said. "My
currier Oliver has located some of your family and they are waiting
here to greet you".

Gizmo and Pendleton came forward and Jasmine ran over to hug them.
"Hello, hello she said, it is so good to see you again." And with that
she hugged and kissed each brother in turn. "Where is Bob?" she asked.
Gizmo told her Bob was home cooking a feast and she was just in time.

Jasmine looked at No. 421 and smiled a beautiful smile. She twitched
her whiskers and thanked him for finding her brothers and sister. She
asked to send a message home to her momma and No. 421 motioned Shooting
Star to come forward.

Jasmine told Shooting Star to tell her Mom she was fine, she was going
to be living with Pendleton, Gizmo and Bob again, and they would wait
here for her to come. Then she reached up and pulled him gently toward
her. She dropped a kiss on one point and thanked him, in advance, for
delivering her message. Shooting Star blushed a pretty pink and
promised to have it delivered that night.

Jasmine thanked No. 421 for all his help and gave him a big hug and a
kiss on his cheek.

Oliver bowed low, swept off his hat, and reached for her paw. She
closed her paw softly around his and shook it gently.

"Thank you for helping me out," she said. "I have family now and I must
go. Drop over and see us sometime, but don't wear that smelly stuff, it
makes my nose itch."

No. 421 could was trying not to laugh. The happy trio went off down the
path, Shooting Star was yellow again and was ready to take off for
earth.

No. 421 and Oliver went home where Oliver took off his Sunday best and
jumped into his sweats.

No. 421 put the kettle on for tea, and Oliver brought in the wood. No.
421 wrote in his logbook, Mission accomplished, Jasmine is with family,
and I think she will fit right in. Oliver seems a little crest fallen,
but at least she held his hand.