From:
Rocky Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 06:07:47 -0700
Hi all
I need a little help.  I live in Arizona and we have not had rain here for
several months.

I have a 8mos old male ferret(Taz-Man) that has aquired a cough.  I think
it's because it's so dry here, but I'm not sure.  The others have not had
this.  But then Taz is always into something and behind something that he's
not suppose to be.

The cough sounds like a child who gets the hooping cough?  It's a loud
cough and it sounds like a sneeze and a cough mixed.  It's a dry sounding
cough.  He does it in the morning, I put humidifies all over the house and
he is still eating and drinking water normally.  He has lost some weight,
but all three have due to the summer and the shedding of their winter
coats.  Now that his winter coat is gone he has not lost anymore weight.
What's it sound like to you guys?  I'm thinking about taking him to the
vet, but he's not sick, I believe he's just got a dry throat in the
morning.

Rocky
Bandi (he just wants more attention mom, just ignore him)
Taz-Man (I'm not sick, and I'm not going to the Dr., Then I can't go out
         and play)
Levi (Hahahaha-you got sick-not me)