From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 19:08:52 EDT
Hi & Dooka-Dook to all the wuzzles !!

Before I go any further, I wish to state emphatically - It Was Not My Fault
!!!  Socks Made Me Do It !!

New lessons for going into a pet store.  Only bring cash for what you need.
Never bring credit cards.  checkbook, OR A FLO MIND CONTROL EXPERT !!  I
went into Petco only for some litter.  The clerk (Laurie) told me of a new
order of kits that was in, some pretty unique ones (yeah, uh-huh).  Going
into the back room with Socks on a leash was pretty uneventful.  We went to
the area where the new kits were.  One was what I would described as a
patterned dark eyed white.  All white except for this stripe down the
center of it's back and tail.  Like someone had taken a magic marker to it.
Looked kinda like a racing stripe.  She was very affectionate and playful.

Cute.  Very nice, think I should leave now.  Socks thought otherwise.  I
could detect the mindprobe beginning: }}she really is cute dad{{, }}11 is
such an odd number dad{{, }}we could use another playmate dad{{, }}Promise
I'll look after her{{, }}oh, please dad, PLEASE!!!{{, }}C'mon dad, lets
take her home{{.  No, Socks, no, No, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Well, Socks and I left the area and walked around the store.  Socks is real
cute, lovable, and gentle.  The people in the store seemed to enjoy petting
him and learning about wuzzles.  Of course I couldn't resist when people were
standing by the ferrets on the sales floor,  They looked at the ones about 2
months old saying, "So, that's a ferret".  I would pick Socks up and say,
"No, THIS is a ferret".  Mind you, Socks is longer then my arm and has long
soft fur <g>.  Most couldn't believe his size.  Then I mentioned that Socks
is about 1 yr old and there were ferts larger then him.  <gulp>

Anyway, Socks and I left the store with the litter, some food, new tubes, and
a box of treats that suddenly materialized in his mouth as we reached the
register.   I will never turn my back on him again.  Even wearing a lead.

BTW - about the kit.  Well, RACER is in the carry box at my feet while I
write this.  Naturally, all the other kids are aware she is here.  I can
imagine what Socks told the other guys.  I just can't say no to a pair of
cute beady eyes.

But really and honestly - SOCKS MADE ME DO IT !!!!

Kevin B and the Kewl Critter Crew
Featuring the ~~~Terrific~~~Tumultous~~~Twelve~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal (formerly
Caesar)~Miss Priss (formerly Pimp)~Cinna~
Introducing RACER (vrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmm - see the racing stripe !!)
Guest STAR - ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Cast Appearance by - Geordi the Min-Pin
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and honorary fert), Jada the
Min-Pin, and fellow ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, and ~Max~