From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:50:35 EST
I can't have the ferrets on carpet in their room.  Within two years, the
odor got very bad despite steam cleaning and spot cleaning.  We finally
yanked it up and have linoleum.

The one problem we have is what Risa brought up.  The mobility with the
older ferrets.  I noticed decreased mobility in ferrets as young as 3.
So, in answer to this, we bought a cheap twin size bed quilt (two
actually).  It covers much of the floor, but not the corners or edges.
The ferrets have their mobility, they don't have accidents on it, and I
can wash it every week or so for the odor.  The best of both worlds.

Now, this might not help you if you are flooring a living room.  But if
you are flooring a ferret room, you might want to choose an easy to clean
surface such as linoleum, Pergot, what have you ... and use a quilt to
protect it, and for your ferrets comfort.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com