Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:13:09 EST
Hi,

This is a strange question, but I need an answer: Has anyone ever seen 2
ferrets fight to the death?  I don't want hearsay unless it is totally
reliable.  I have a rescue that has been with me for about 8 months now
and I don't want to give her up.  She has to learn to live with the rest
of my ferrets or I can't keep her.

I have 6 ferrets, 2 or 3 are fairly dominant.  All 6 range in age from 1
1/2 to 4 1/2 years.  The rescue is 4.  All 7 are in good health.  The
rescue has never had a cagemate.  Her first home was good except for the
diet she was fed.  Her second home was very neglectful (she spent a year in
a cage with no toys or playtime, or any interaction).  She has come around
nicely and is good and healthy now.  For the entire time she's live here,
her cage has been right next to my ferrets' cage.

Every time I've tried an introduction, there is screaming, flying poop,
and a great deal of fear.  The rescue is the one screaming, pooping, and
terrified.  She is also the one doing the attacking (out of fear, I'm
sure).  There has been no blood drawn.

I want to know if anyone knows of ferrets killing another ferret so I know
if I can just allow a longer intro period or not.

Help!!

Kim

PS:  I apologize for all the cross-posting.