Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1992 09:10:36 -0500
I know I try to keep up on the various transmissions on the ferret line, but fo
rgive me if I missed any discussion on the November issue of Harpers.  If no on
e else has picked it up yet, let me clue the ferret-fanciers in.  In the Novemb
er issue of Harpers (not the fashion magazine, silly) there is an article in th
e Readings section entitled "Ferret Legging."  The author recounts his encounte
r with a Scot who practices the ancient art of putting two Polecats (with sharp
 teeth &  Claws) into his pants sans underwear/jockstrap.  He then ties his loo
se fitting trousers tight at the legs and around the waist.  The "point" of thi
s insane endeavor is to see how long a man can last (sorry ladies, I think the
sport is limited to men because of the extra challenge afforded by  additional
body parts) with two ferrets running around and biting (and probably not lettin
g go).  Besides some derisive remarks made about the sweet critters, the Scot t
ells a funny tale (tail?).  So incase there are ferret owners out there who hav
en't seen it yet, please pick up and read it, it is hilarious. Perhaps some ind
ustrious typist will be willing to transcribe the article to the ferret-list  (
I know I'm not quite that gifted).  I should also mention, although it is far t
oo late, that on Halloween in southern Virginia they had a Ferret Halloween con
test.  I got the news the day after, but was wondering if anyone attended, and
if anyone had any results they could share with us (I'd be particularly interes
ted in the descriptions of the costumes.  Well, this concludes my Washington, D
C report.  I continue to live cautiosly since I've been told that DC is ferret-
free zone, but me,  Anais and Mr. Bojangles practice our civil disobedience.  B
ye now.