From:
Travis A Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 10:21:35 -0500
Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone for the ideas and thoughts on Loki.  Sorry I
didn't respond until today, I get my email at work, so I can only read it
Mon-Fri.

The vet said Loki looks like he has all the early signs of adrenal, but he
wants to make sure that it is not an abnormal coat change.  He also stated
that if it was adrenal, then by waiting a couple of weeks, this would rule
out any other possible causes and also give the adrenal gland time to
enlarge so he would have a better chance of distinguishing which adrenal it
was.  The vet does about 2-3 adrenal surgeries a week, and he has done rt.
adrenal surgery many times, so I feel comfortable with him doing the
surgery.

The only thing I wonder about is he said it would be easier to do the
surgery if the adrenal gland was larger when he went in.  This makes sense
to me but I wonder if this will jeopardize Loki by waiting just a week or
two.  I really think I jumped the gun the urination troubles, I have been
watching this closely & he has no problems urinating, I guess I did scare
him into stopping.

I would welcome any opinions positive or otherwise, either post on the FML
or send directly to me.

Thanks, Travis, Loki & Powder.