From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 15:48:36 -0700
Taz had her bloodwork done on Wednesday.  Half went to a CBC and the other
half got shipped down to the U. of Tennessee for testing- adrenal.  The CBC
came back low on red blood cells, and down a little on the protein.  I've
got a Vitamin B supplement to give her til the UT test comes back.  I'll
let you all know how it goes.

If I'm looking at adrenal (which I assume I am), then my vet estimates my
surgery at (gasp) $700.00 CDN.  Yes, folks, not a mis-print: $700
smackaroos.  I even called around to a few other recommended
ferret-knowledgable vets in my area and got the same price.  Gulp.  Think
I can do it myself?  (kidding, everyone, just kidding).

I want to take a quick moment to say thank you to the many ferret-owned
people who contribute to this list, the incredible web sites, and the news
groups.  Because of your willingness to share your experiences and knowledge
with others, the lives of my ferrets has been enriched, and I am much more
confident that I will be able to care for them when they are sick or old.
When we put aside our differences and love our ferrets, we are an amazing
bunch.  Thank you.

Ariel
Jasper (yawn, that was very sappy)
Taz (Snuggles, I want snuggles)