From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:25:17 -0600
I noticed that Kylie and Sara have asked about Rainbow Bridge and Sandee.
I guess all us "veterans" on the FML have just assumed that someone else
would answer their questions, but so far I haven't seen anything.

So, Kylie and Sara, and for other new members who don't know about
Rainbow Bridge, here it is.  (Caution: Have a box of Kleenex handy).

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that
pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.  There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of
food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss
someone very special to them who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
and looks into the distance.  The bright eyes are intent; the eager body
quivers.  Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over
the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.  YOU have been
spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling
together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.  The happy kisses
rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you
look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your
life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

That is the beautiful story of Rainbow Bridge.  As for Sandee, she is the
official ferret "greeter" for all new arrivals at the Bridge.  Whenever
one of our little fuzzies departs for the Bridge, a lot of us ask Sandee
to check on them and show them around.  Sandee is wonderful.  She always
grants our wishes and writes back to tell us how our departed ones are
doing.  She also passes messages back and forth for us.

Glad to help.

C.B.  (Missing Maximilian)