Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 05:14:56 -0800
Hey ferret folks,

I need some advice on my Taz.  I'm fed up with two veterinarians at this
point, the only one that has offered any information that has been useful
at all has been Dr. Bruce Williams.  Could someone please send me his
email please?  A trip to the vet is out of the question for two reasons.
First, they insist on putting him on Metronidazole.  Been there done that
and it didn't help.  Second, I think the only way we're really going to
find out what's going on with him is to do an exploratory.  He's way too
thin for that.

A little history: Intermittent green poops and weight loss.  HIs hair is
now getting really coarse and a little sparse.  He's ADV negative.  He's
really thin but otherwise acts as a normal ferret.  He plays and is very
active.  He's 5 years old.  I have him on a 1/4 tab of pred a day and
that has put a stop to the green poopies but still no weight gain.  He
readily eats duck soup as a supplement to his kibble twice a day.  Any
suggestions folks?

Kim at SUMS

[Moderator's note: I suggest posting to the Ferret Health List at
Dr. Williams frequently participates there.  BIG]