From:
Alyssa Catherine Dailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 09:18:10 -0600
Seasons Greetings!  I have taken my ferrets on airline trips several
times.  Some airlines do allow the ferrets on board, but it seems the
majority want them to go down below.  However, I did find that if the
person at the ticket counter is familiar with ferrets, I could take the
guys on board with me (this happened twice).  Since my guys can not stand
to be in the carrier (Sam wraps his teeth around the wires and Tiger
claws at the door), my vet and I decided it might be best to give them a
mild tranquilizer.  I don't think this is the best idea for all ferrets
or in all situations.  I was worried though, that the baggage handlers
might not handle the guys with the best care or I would not be allowed to
take the ferrets on board if it looked like I had two ferocious critters
in a cage.  Those teeth would scare me if I did not know that Sam was
doing his best to get out of there and ride in my coat pocket!

My guys never really had any after effects from the travel.  I would try
to find an airline that will let you take them on board with you;  it is
the most relaxing situation for both them and you!

Good luck and happy travelling

Alyssa, Sam, Tiger, Binky, and Lucas