From:
Monica Shimmin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:26:31 -0500
First of all, M.S. Hastie, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your accident which
resulted in the loss of your loving ferret Key.  Your post this morning
sounded like you're coping and moving on.  I know it is VERY hard to deal
with this situation.  Hang in there.  You are doing so well in paying Key
honorable respects by having him buried just outside your apartment window.
And the way that your apt neighbors are paying their respects to Key is so
special!  Sounds very comforting.  You all are doing your best.

Secondly, I agree that accidents do happen.  M.S., I'm proud of you .. you
did all you could.  This type of accident was the first of its kind, I'm
sure.  We all learn from mistakes.  We are adults and have the brains - why
do we deserve to be berated after a traumatic mistake of stepping on a
ferret?  I would not call this accident a careless accident ... it's simply
an accident.  Nothing we can do to undo that situation except to avoid the
very same type of accident to happen again.

Thirdly, I'd like to make a request.  When I accidentally kill my ferret,
and post that here to share, to seek support, to let you all know what
happened, I will be in NO shape to receive private berated emails.  I will
ALREADY know how stupid I would be, how "careless", how ignorant, etc.
etc.  I will already have these thoughts, guilty feelings and tears of
grief tearing my heart and mind apart.  So ..  I'd appreciate it if I'm
spared further unnecessary grief.  Thanks!

Again, M.S. hang in there.  Time heals.