From:
Dory Drago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:00:30 -0700
Hello!

While we are on the topic of small shelters, I wondered what my local
ferret club (which I am not a member of) does for the ferret shelter in
my city.

I sent e-mails to the two people who run the club.  The so-called
president did not respond, and the second person responded with
surprising information.  The club provides shelter for a limited number
of ferrets (currently 6) which are housed with club members.  They hold
fund raisers throughout the year to support their rescue efforts, but all
the proceeds go towards their rescue.  The club official admitted that
neither the club nor its members volunteer or donate monies towards our
local shelter in Tucson which currently houses 50 +/- currently.

I have a demanding full-time job, but I still volunteer both time and
money, and I have 14 babies to take care of.  Am I missing something?
Shame on all of the ferret clubs that do not support their local
shelters.

Dooks from Dory,
Gino, Genvierre, DJ, Bear, Chance, Angel, Sam, Ashley, Tank, Sassy,
Peter, Paul, Mary & Nemo