From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:08:45 -0500
I would really like to hear from anyone out there who practices dental care
on their ferrets.  What do you do, how, how often, etc.  I bought some
finger brushes, small tooth brush, paste, pads, etc.  However, we haven't
actually "tackled" it yet.  Our vet showed us how easy it was to take the
plaque off.  (He made it look easy, of course.) We're going to get one of
those tooth scrapers and give it a try.  With ten ferrets, nail trimming
and ear cleaning is "fun" enough even with the Ferretone.  Some of the
older guys really need some mouth attention.

Looking forward to a three-day weekend coming up!  (It's Monday and I'm
already wishing for the weekend...) More time to play with the ferrets,
eerrr I mean clean up after the ferrets!  Every time on the weekends when I
try and do normal cleaning, somebody poops/pees somewhere and I have to
stop and clean up while I'm already cleaning (something wrong with this
picture).  Cleaning the bathrooms are always fun, Chico is such a "big
help"!  Pull ferret out of the shower with rubber gloves, hope he doesn't
puncture the gloves or get in any of the cleaner, pull ferret out of the
shower, pull ferret out of the shower... I finally had to lock myself in
the bathroom and hope not to asphyxiate myself on the fumes from the
cleaner!

BIG, please send me Bob's Chicken Gravy again.  I don't know which pile
the other one is in... I want to try and make a mess in the kitchen like
everyone else, yah right! Done.  BIG

Mary, Rob and the Gang of 15
Chico "I'm a good little helper", Rowdy, Harley, Sadie, Daisy, Wheeler,
Summer, Emily, Bootsie, and Fruity (yep, that's the 10 ferry-farts)
Lucy, GG, Simon, Chance (cats)
Corkey (3-legged dog wanting to be a ferret)