From:
Sandy Weaver - Deem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:38:13 -0500
Hobbes was my first ferret, even before we bought our home we had Hobbes.
I waited for two years to get him.  We were living in California at the
time and did not want to chance adopting a ferret until we moved to
Missouri.

So we waited, and I read everything I could get my hands on, just so
when we were ready to adopt our first fuzzy, I would be better prepared
to have a fuzzy in our home.  That would be a very long two years and it
would also be when I first encountered AND signed up for the FML.  So
even before we had fuzzies, we had a extremely reliable place where we
could go for advice, help and friendship.

Hobbes was all by himself in a large glass cage, and so tiny as well.
Even from the very beginning he was a stubborn and very determined young
kit, and of course a very spoiled one as well.  As we added new
fur-siblings into his life, he would be the one to greet them with love
and lots of back-side sniffing.  I could always count on him to be a good
big brother and he never let me down.  He was also our instigator, if
ever there was a genius ferret, Hobbes was that guy.  We could watch, as
he devised his escape plans, got his siblings to run interference and
then sit back and wait for his opportunity to get where he wanted to go,
or be rewarded for being the good ferret who did not escape - either way,
what a talent!

And so, for 8 wonderful years, he was a very important part of our lives.
Two years ago he was diagnosed with an unoperatable tumor, and we were
told to enjoy the time we had left, and so we did, and there was not a
day that we did not make time to enjoy his presence.

Today I held him close, and watched him leave through a door I could not
follow, but I know that Sandee can, so please Sandee, could you watch out
for my Hobbes, my very first ferret ever, and tell him that I love him
and miss him very much.

Thank you,

Sandy
Now we are five....