From:
"Michael Schieman, Mee Maw and ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 23:13:41 -0400
Hi folks!

Just for the record, us and our Paw Paw fall into the 'damn fool' category.

Seem to us that the FML is the kinda place where ferret folks can talk about
anything that has to do with us little guys.  So, we ain't got no problem
with them 'tear jerkin' letters.  They remind us to have as much fun as we
can before Paw Paw has to write a sad letter about one of us goin' to the
Rainbow Bridge.  Let's face it.  Us ferts don't live near as long as you
human-type folks.  We sure would hate to think that the Ol' Fert wouldn't be
allowed to write a proper-type letter to the FML when we has to move on.
Wouldn't want no cranky folks to discourage him and Mee Maw from getting
some new ferrets to take our place.  Sure would be a shame.  Them ferts sure
would be missing out on some major good fun if they didn't ever get a chance
to enjoy all the good stuff that we has.

About them flames, we sure is glad that BIG keeps them off'n the FML.  Seems
that some folks just take an instant dislike to other folks, have a lot of
spare time, and don't hesitate to write mean letters to the folks they don't
like.  Sometimes they gets lots of their friends to send nasty letters too.
It makes us wonder if they ever has time to play with their ferts on account
of because they is always busy writin' mean letters.

That brings us to naturally grouchy folks.  Seems to us that some folks is
just that way.  It don't matter what you says, these folks just knows that
you is wrong - and will spare no effort to prove you wrong.  Our Mee Maw's
Grandpa was that way.  He'd go out the beach to fly one of his fancy kites
that he'd done built.  Just as the kite was doin' things that no other kite
had did before - sailed higher than any kite had ever flew before - the wind
that kept that kite aflyin' would blow into Grandpa's face.  He'd get madder
than a bull at a milkin' contest, throw that ball of kite string down and
head for home.  That's just the way he was.  Otherwise, he was one of the
nicest men anyone could ever meet.  We hopes that the grouchy folks on the
FML has just a little bit of our Great Grandpa in them.

We is probably damn fools for taking the time to write this.  Seems to us
that most human-type folks has their minds made up before they bothers to
listen to the opinions of others.  Oh well.  At least we tried.

Joy to the World!

Tater and Odie