From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 12:32:15 EDT
C-Treasures Ferrets is an Orlando area Ferret Rescue.  They have offered
their assistance to any ferret owners who need it due to the fires (or for
any other reason).  You may reach them at any time at 407-380-8712.

[Moderator's note:  I called C-Treasures today about a somewhat unrelated
matter and, naturally, we spoke about how things were going.  Things are
definitely bad in the sense that there are many evacuations.  Ferrets aren't
in danger per se, but I'm told the main problem is a lack of cages and
associated equipment for shelters who must temporarily take them in.  There
is also a need for large cages for Humane Societies to house large dogs,
and a particularly urgent need for places able to house horses.  BIG]