Date:
Sun, 15 May 2005 18:41:55 +0000
We have some one living in the IOW requesting dontations to help with
ferret welfare's / shelters and following is the reply from one of these
rescues who's name is being used in this scam.

According to the charity commission here in the UK no one should send any
money or cheques to anyone unless all cheques are made payable to the
rescue itself.

Scams like this are being run all the time

 From: 'Anne C Robinson'

Dear Amos

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Following an emergency
meeting of the Trustees we have contacted the person responsible for
posting the messages on a variety of ferret forums, and have taken the
necessary steps to stop the problem.

You should find that the ferretology web-site is now inactive.

It is the policy of our Trustees not to participate in ferret forums.
However, our reputation is important to us so once again, thank you for
taking the time and trouble to highlight a problem.

If you require any further information relating to the Welfare please
do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully,
Anne Robinson - Droitwich Ferret Welfare

The man with a new idea is a crank until other take it up
Mark Twain
http://www.asacp.org/ The adult site industry making the difference
                      in the battle against child pornography
http://www.headway.org.uk/ The brain Injury association