From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:58:56 -0700
If you recall I posted last week about a couple of our members whose
ferrets ended up with blockages after consuming dehydrated carrots
which were contained in this treat.

I have good news to report.  Kaytee representatives have been in contact
with these members and they have agreed to cover most of the veterinary
costs associated with the blockage surgeries.  They have also, and this
is even more important, stated that effective immediately they have
removed the dehydrated ingredients from the treat stick formulation.

Hopefully this also means that they have recalled the product that is
currently on store shelves.

Hat's off to you Kaytee for addressing this matter so quickly and for
taking it seriously.  The AFS is pleased to know that you truly care
about the welfare of the pets that consume your products.

Barbara Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President