Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 10:30:36 EDT
I did my usual shabby writing and made it seem as though one of the
beloved people on the FML was suffering horribly specifically because of
helping another.  My apologies for such poor wording.

Some people are what I call great people.  I think they give with all of
their hearts, and minds, and souls, and bodies.  There is never enough
money or time or energy despite all great people do.  Yet they then turn
around and do even more.

The majority of the great people on this list I know of do it while
suffering in terrible pain from injuries, bad backs, or arthritis.  They
will take each step in pain rather than get a bone spur removed in their
foot.  They will be in crippling back pain from severe damage to the back.
Yet they take on more animals, and have to carry around more litter every
day.

It is their choice, and I cannot worry over this choice.  I cannot change
this choice.  But when I think of the person--I flash on if they are in a
hospital, or on their backs in bed in pain.  Or have they had a heart
attack?  I see them for their great works.  But when their name first
comes to mind-I wonder if they are alive or well.

I see one of my sisters-one of the great people-dying years ahead of her
time.  She exhausts herself into Mono and walking pnuemonia at least once
a year.  She works while she should be at home in bed with a nurse, or in
a hospital.  She has put off knee surgery for 3 years now because of the
needs of others.  She has constant nightmares of not doing enough.  This
is who she is.

I did not mean to imply anything else.  My sincerest apolgies to anyone I
offended.

Lisette