From:
New England Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:33:11 +0000
Are you thinking wistfully about adding another ferret to your home but
can't make a lifetime commitment to a new ferret right now?

Is "Ferret Math" hitting, but you can't afford the medical expenses
associated with getting another ferret?

Fostering may be the answer!

Throughout New England ferrets are in need of either temporary or
permanent foster homes.  Ferrets who are adoptable go to foster homes
temporarily until a suitable placement is found (this can take several
weeks or sometimes a month or two).  Ferrets who are elderly, have
medical issues, or who need extensive rehabilitiation for behavioral
issues go into long-term or permanent fostering situations.

The benefit of fostering a ferret in the NEFFER system is that NEFFER pays
for the ferret's vet bills, including surgeries and vaccinations.  You
provide the shelter, love, and food for the ferret!  In some cases we may
be able to assist with food as well.

If you're looking for a way to help abandoned ferrets as well as enrich
your life with another ferret or two, please contact New England Ferret
Foster, Education, and Rescue, Inc at [log in to unmask], for more
information about our Foster Ferret Network, a network of homes that
welcome displaced ferrets either short or long-term.  We'd love to talk
with you about the rewards of fostering!