From:
"Phyllis A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:12:24 -0500
I have always had a big appreciation for you shelter moms but now it is
BIG now.  I don't know how you take care of all you sick ones.

Within the last month I have found out that Generosity is both Adrenal
and Insulinomic and today, by accident, I found out that Joey also has
insulinoma.  Also the vet think that Grace and Joey has Helicobacten so
all four are on 3 different medications.  I was managing feeding
Generosity every 6 hours and giving Grace 1 medication twice daily.
vet forgot to give me the other two (had two emergencies come in at once)
OK.  Now feeding Joey every 2 hours and giving four ferrets, one in
isolation, 3 medications twice daily besides feeding Generosity every
6 hours, I find myself coming and going.  By the time I got Joey and
Generosity feed and all four their medications it was time to feed
Joey again.  I don't know how you do it all the time.

Now for the help, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it
better.  Right now I only have three syringes so I feel them for one
ferret and give it to them and wash them out and start over with the next
baby I feel myself coming and going.  I am not including my medication
schedule in there.  Don't misunderstand me, I am not complaining, it is
all worth it to have well or at least better feeling babies.  Any tips
would be appreciated.

Phyllis and the Wigglies: Generosity, Grace, Joey (Joy), and Peace
In Loving Memory: Faith, Hope, Constance, Bandit, and Charrity