Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:09:36 -0500
Ferrets are a very deceptive breed.  They will do anything to get you to
take them home then they show you their true side.  I got my first ferret
from a woman that bought her as a baby and then got tired of her when the
novelty wore off.  My little girl was 1.5 years old when I got her.  I
decided after I had her for 3.5 years that I needed another one.  I went to
the pet store and found the most darling little white male with black eyes.
He was about 7 weeks old.  I picked him up, played with him, and he slept in
my arms.  I carried him home and after a day he was bouncing off the walls
and was a hyper little devil.  He then started getting silver/grey fur in
his coat.  Now he is half silver.  After a year he still hasn't calmed down
which is the total opposite of my little girl, she has always been very
layed back.  After having my boy for a year I went and adopted a third
ferret.  I went to a ferret shelter 3 hours away that I found out about.  I
found this huge boy.  He is somewhere around 4.5 years old.  I picked him
up, he layed in my arms, licked me, he acted very much like a lap ferret.  I
brought him home.  As soon as we got home, he went hyper.  I always thought
my silver boy was a problem, the new guy out runs him.  What is with
ferrets?  They know exactly how to worm into your heart to get you to take
them home, and then they change personalities on you.  I love my three kids
but I always thought they should slow down with age, not speed up.