From:
weaselwoman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:19:57 -0500
My Bandit Boy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.  He has been fighting the
adrenal disease for about 8 months.He was a bad risk for surgery because
of his age, but was getting regular lupron shots and melatonin.

Sunday evening, Bandit took a turn for the worst.  He stopped eating on
his own.  I syringe fed him and he took a little, but not nearly what he
usually ate.  Monday morning he ate a little and when I got home from
work, he absolutely refused to eat anything.  He actually fought me and
became very stressed with laboured breathing.  Rather than stressing him
any further I just held him in my arms for awhile.  I put him on the
floor so I could feed and medicate the other 2, and when he tried to walk
he just fell over and laid there.  I phoned the vet's office, to see if I
could take him down to help him cross over to the Rainbow Bridge.  The
vet wasn't in so I made an appointment for Tues.  at 5:30.  I watched him
carefully over the evening and he was very weak.  As long as I didn't do
anything to stress him, his breathing was good and he looked comfortable.
I made him comfortable and warm and went to bed, getting up often to
check on him.

When I woke up Tues. morning it was obvious he wouldn't last the day.
He was cold and his breathing was very irregular.  I called in sick,
wrapped him in a blanket, warmed a hot pack in the microwave and took him
back to bed with me.  There we stayed till noon.  I tried to feed him and
give him water, but he didn't want any part of either food nor water.  He
died in my arms around 1:30 Tues. afternoon.  I phoned Cathy's office
and cancelled our appointment.  Then I showered and wrapped his little
body in a piece of polar fleece and took him down to Cathy's to have him
cremated.

I can't believe he turned bad and died so fast.  I'm thankful his passing
was so peaceful.  I had considered phoning Cathy and taking him down
earlier, but I was afraid he would pass while I was in the shower and I
didn't want him to die alone, so we just sat together and I told him how
much I love him, and how glad I was that he and Smokey came into my life.
I told him about the rainbow bridge and I told him it was all right for
him to go.

I am extremely worried about Smokey.  They have been cagemates since they
were kits.  They may even be litter mates.  They were bought together.  I
will miss him and I'm sure Smokey will too.  I will miss his kisses.
When I first got them from the man who lost interest in them, Bandit
would never give kisses.  Over the years Bandit became very kissy.  I
will certainly miss his kisses, but I am thankful that he is no longer
ill.  I'm certain he is growing a new body full of hair as I write this
message.

Sandee, please watch out for Bandit.  Although he has several brother and
sisters at the Bridge he may not know them well, since he and Smokey were
kind of loners.  Please reintroduce him to Moxy, Baby.  Sandy, Mitzy,
Daisy, Toby, Bear, Beasley, and Murphy.  Please let him know how very
much he was loved, and how much I will miss him.

Missing 10 "Little Angels" @ the Bridge
Sally St. Germain and her 10"Little Saints"
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!