From:
Michael Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1993 18:51:16 -0500
          Help!  I've heard the dreaded "E' word!
          TRUE -or- FALSE

Hello.  I'm new to the list but find I need info ASAP!

Was browsing a BBS and read an article about a dreaded "E" word ...
ETHOXYQUIN!

I have had ferret since 1986 and was always told to feed them
Science Diet if I really loved them and wanted them to have the
largest lifespan possible.  Now I find that this chemical is in Science
Diet and may be killing my babies!

Can someone please educate me on this subject?
Is it True or False?
If so, what is the BEST thing(s) to feed our little loved ones?

My two older ferrets died at around 7-years-old.

Have I been hurting my babies by loving them too much
and doing what I was told was best?

Very concerned.
Michael Wise