From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:45:10 -0600
Hi all!
I've decide to get a second opinion on Greta on Saturday with another vet
(first vet suspected heartworm but was unwillling to test or treat for it).
Thanks again Sukie and Dr. K !

Meanwhile, she is bouncing off the walls and sporting a gorgeous new fur
coat (normally I'm against the wearing of fur coats, but with these guys
I'm making an exception since they look so good in them!!)

I was surprised to see so many shelters listed with SO MANY needs!  I want
to send them all a million dollars! :o).  But I can't :o(.  I really don't
know where to start!  Do I pick one or two and send them more or do I send
a dollar or two to a whole bunch of them??!  Maybe I should just take all
the fuzzies home with me!  Guess I can't do that either.  Decisions,
decisions!

The "dooking" issue: Sometimes mine do it and sometimes they don't.  It
goes in spurts.  Lately neither have done it for a few weeks.  Once they
get started, tho, they both dook all the time for a few days.  And then
they quit.  No rhyme or reason to it.  The laying flat thing-Lucy does this
a lot (Greta never does) and sometimes it is when she's a bit worn out and
catching her breath for another round, but I also suspect that it is to
plan the next "attack" or scheme to get into something she's not supposed
to get into.  I call them micro-fuzzy naps.  They last all but two or three
seconds and then they're off!!

Don't worry about being a "bad " Mom.  If you take good care of your fur
kids, hug them up alot, and play with them on a regular basis, then you are
a good Mom and I am sure that they are happy.  Just the fact that you worry
about whether or not you are doing a good job, shows that you are concerned
about them, and that means you ARE a good Mom (or Dad).  Its the ones who
don't care or notice if their fuzzies are acting "happy" that probably are
not so good.

Barb and the ever-lovin' fuzzies;
Lucy ( Mom, don't I make a great speed bump?)
Greta (I don't need a second opinion- I feel grrrreat! dook, dook..)