Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:47:08 EDT
Another mad cap magazine is out. Modern Ferret #23

Our Kat Davis has a picture of Bandit peeking in a cookie bag.  Looks just
like my old fierce biter fert.  But there is no blood dripping down his
chin.  Just cookie crumbs.

Page 76 has a picture of a ferret someone named Raine Szramski painted.  I
wish to God it were a painting that I could buy and put on my wall.  I have
never seen a painting done of a fert I wanted to put up until this one.  I
think it is very lovely.  But it is not for sale.[Boo-Hoo]

But my favorite thing in this magazine is an article written by our Sam
Young from New Zealand.  "Looking For A Pet Ferret?' is the best article I
personally have ever read about things to consider before bringing a first
fert home.  It is concise, well written, knowledgeable, and so very good
and honest that it would be good reading for anyone before picking out a
fert at a shelter or pet store or from a breeder.  The pictures of kits are
naturally precious.  There is a picture of a real stinker face on page 48.
This tiny fluff appears to have this really mean, tough look on his face
that made me laugh out loud.

Lastly, having been forced by young relatives to see Austin Powers as my
first movie in several years, I found Austin Poopers in this magazine.  How
clever.

Always a good day when I get my Modern Ferret
Lisette