From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:50:42 -0400
Demi writes:
>Also, my family is going to the CRC festival the weekend of the 4th.
>I hope Peanut is still there. ... Has anyone else ever been to the
>CRC festival?

It looks like I will be a volunteer at the BFF booth this year!! My
sister has volunteered at this event for several years and suggested
I help, too.

Dr. JoGayle Howard will be at the cheetah exhibit. She's the one who
made Peanut possible with her reproductive research. I look forward to
meeting her and thanking her! :-)

The National Zoo's Conservation Research Center in Front Royal, VA, is
only open to the public this one time a year, so if you live in the
area, you should check it out! The Blue Ridge Mountains are BEAUTIFUL
that time of year! You don't have to be a member of FONZ to attend,
but parking is free and there are other perks if you are. Attendance
is limited, so get your parking pass ahead of time to insure entrance.

More info here:
<http://nationalzoo.si.edu/ActivitiesAndEvents/Celebrations/ACF/default.cfm>

Linda

Linda Iroff