From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:58:24 -0400
Dear FML'ers & Anne.  I agree 100% with your hostility towards this
"shelter" for taking this responsibility on and not taking care of the
ferrets.  However, the fact is that I can no longer afford to help the
Branford shelter with their problems (yes they have called before).  The
most important thing is not that the shelter is not living up to it's
responsibilities, but that there are 4 UN spayed females in trouble.

I realize that we can't save every ferret who needs us.  I wish we could.
If I have to take these ferrets on, I will, but then I would be as
irresponsible as the "shelter" for biting off more than I can chew.  I
don't want to do that.  As it is, our shelter is beginning to drown in the
costs of ECE related illnesses.

If you can't help out, hay, that's cool.  I however can't turn my back on
any ferret regardless of how I feel about it's owner or the shelter where
it came from.  I guess I was just hoping that we would find another shelter
in the Branford area who could take this one.

On a sadder note, you may remember Oki, a shelter ferret who was fostered
by Cindy.  He died last night, just after having surgery.  Oki was picked
up by Cindy from a lady who never let him out of his cage, never played with
him, and kept him in a dark basement so that now he was light sensitive.
He had his leg broken, tooth broken and was never given a chance to live
and be happy.

Cindy gave him the best 15 days of his life, and tried everything in her
power to make little Oki better.  She even decided to adopt him so that if
he died, he'd have died with a true family.  Cindy introduced him to grass
(which he loved) and has decided to burry him where he loved it most.  Fly
little Oki and be free.  We love you...

Randy
The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick