From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 09:09:40 -0700
>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Micro Chip Fiasco?

BIG you allowed that?  You don't consider that a flame?  Highly colored
adjectives attacking me by attacking what was written?  That was personal.
No refutation of data with contrary data.  Thats not positive discussion.

[Moderator's note: I considered it satire, but perhaps that was a poor
decision on my part.  This is by no means the only post of this type I'm
getting in the last couple of days (not necessarily related to Zen) and I
think it's time for a moratorium.  The MF debate is no longer generating
arguments of substance in my opinion  -- I think we need a time-out.  Please
everyone, no more MF posts of this nature until at least Tuesday, and only
then if they aren't rehashing what has already been said.  Thanks.  BIG]

>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: "THE CONVERSATION" not starring Gene Hackman

>The prices for MF ferrets LOCALLY vary from $100 - 140 and there is
>little competition with other breeders.

What you are showing us is that your local stores use a markup of something
like 50-100%.  That would mean your ferret's cost would go up to about $115
to $160 dollars ignoring the systems cost Marshall did not include in their
$9.50 cost.  But another bit you might not be aware of is that at this point
on the wholesale market Marshall ferrets are already more costly than
non-Marshall ferrets due to their known better and more reliable product.
Unless ALL ranches started this and added the same cost it would hurt
Marshall to increase their costs that high a percentage above the
"competition".

>PS Please don't forget to contact the HSUS about extending their puppy mill
>campaign to include ferrets.

No please don't.  Some of us would prefer that the HSUS would just go away
and leave the welfare movement to the welfare groups and not overwhelm it
with the animal rights talk.  The HSUS would not differentiate between the
large ranches and the small hobby breeders.  They would end up making it
hard to get any ferrets.  Just our opinion - yours may and should vary.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]