From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 13:05:09 -0400
Bill wrote:
>[Moderator's note: 21 Dec 1987 was issue number 1. I doubt I will
>host a 20 anniversary party... but MAYBE.  Or 25th, anyhow.  BIG]

A Silver Anniversary FML gathering in 2012 or early 2013 sounds good to
me! I couldn't make one this year, anyway, myself, to be honest. For a
number of years all of the travel Steve and I have had has been related
to sick, aging parents at almost opposite sides of the country, so that
kind of limits me personally.

Maybe, though, Bill, you as the moderator who works his tail off each
day, could pick one or more large ferret charities dear to your heart,
just as SOS was picked for the 5,000th issue of the FML and later in
the year we could have an FML donation drive that ends on the
anniversary date? I've always liked that SOS was selected because it,
in turn, helps a number of ferret shelters with all of the funding,
so many were helped.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
http://www.ferretcongress.org/
http://www.trifl.org/index.shtml

[Moderator's note: Oh, perhaps.  But I'm thinking of doing something
which doesn't involve asking for money... at least not without giving
something back.  I don't quite know what to do yet -- maybe I'll give
away an FML memento to everyone, with an OPTIONAL donation form. Just
musing for now. BIG]