Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:43:40 -0500
I wasn't sure I was going to post this and I still am not sure if doing so
will make me feel any better.  About 2-3 weeks ago my Miss Martini started
loosing use of her front legs, to make a long story short this past Friday
I had to have her put down.

I had taken her to the vets and X-rays, bloodwork etc were done and
everything was normal except that she was having trouble walking, probably
just low blood sugar at the time.  After another week the paralysis
progressed and back to the vets, she went on antibiotics for what was
believed to be spinal meninjitis.  Another week later and no improvement
so this time the X-rays showed a tumor the size of a gumball on her head.
It was inoperable because it was in the bone.  She could just barely walk.
Unfortunately it was time for her to join her brothers at the bridge.

It is unimaginable that in such a short time as 2-3 week she could go from
war dancing to this helpless thing that I had to send to the bridge.  The
only comfort that I have now is that she is war dancing with her 3 other
brothers and will not be in pain.

So to everyone out there we never know when the time will come cherish the
moments that you have with your fuzzies and always go back for that extra
war dance, you may never know when it will be the last...

I have one last request.  If anyone can contact Bob Church for me and ask
him to private email me I would appreciate it as he will be studying Miss
Martini.

Thank you
Lisa