From:
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:10:08 EDT
Well last week was one heck of a week here.  We got a total of 13 ferrets
in, and 5 more were going to come in but the owners never got back to me.
Here is what we got in.

on the 13th Do Be Do and Vegas, woman rescued from a neighbor, but she had
no AC and ferrets were keep in the garage with her other critters.  Do Be
was seizuring for 2 weeks, BS Level of 43 before she called me to come get
them.  Vegas has found a wonderful home but Do be not only has low BS, he
came very close to dying from the heat.  His nails, gums, nose, pads of
feet are flaming red where his capillaries came close to bursting.  He is
on meds now and we will recheck him in one week.  He wil probably need a
foster home.  THey went to the vet as soon as they arrived.

14th, Fuzzit, dumped at a Petsmart, brought to me, found in a back yard.
He is an old guy a sweet silver mitt, very thin, adrenal, BS level ok.
Did Lupron shot, he's hanging here with me for now.

16th, Crunch and Baily, 2 1 !/2 yr old beautiful little girls, owner
moving to Cali, couldn't take

17th, I'll get back to that day

19th, 6 total turned in, 4 from one home, owners moving, military can't
take and 2, 7 yr old ferrets, woman having baby, hubby hates ferrets so
she had to give them up.  One has low BS, both are depressed, but very
sweet.  When they left them with me she was crying and he did not even
comfort her, I was fit to be tied.  7 yrs of having a family and now they
are here, wondering what is going on.

Ok the 17th, 2 ferrets turned in by a woman whose son brought them home,
a friend couldn't keep them anymore, both are around 4-5 yrs old, and
very sweet.

Words can't describe how they looked, but I took pics and video to prove
it.  Matty, I named them both, they had none,a sable female, the better of
the two health wise, filthy, poop crusted all over her body, in her ears,
and matts all over her body, a little thin and dehydrated but ok.

Bigfoot, an albino male 4-5 yrs.  laying in carrier, lifeless, looked
sable, covered from head to tail in filth, poop, who knows what.  Very
thin, dehydrated, very sad.  When I took him out of the carrier he had a
tumor bleeding almost the size of a golf ball on his hind paw.  i broke
down crying, i can not imagine that they had to live like this.  The woman
wouldn't give me the owners name I wanted to call Ac on him.  Shaking and
in tears they got baths, nails and ears done.  Bigfoot's tumor bled even
more.

Bigfoot is at the vet's now, he will be going into surgery this week, he
will have a tumor remove from his anus and he will lose his paw that has
the tumor.

Please keep this little guy in your thoughts for a great recovery, he
deserves to know what a good life is before he goes to the rainbow
bridge, and I know that his sis will really miss him.

It was a busy crappy week and I'm tired.  I wonder why I continue, why I
subject myself to such horror and heartbreak.  i have no answers.  I'll
never get the images of Bigfoot and Matty when they came in, out of my
head.  It was one of the worst cases of abuse and neglect I've seen.

We have taken in 105 ferrets so far this year, and the busy season is
upon us.

As soon as I can their pics will be on my website
http://www.geocities.com/a_24k_ferret/

For now you can go see Annie and Pez. my Petco babie rescues.  also pics
of some great stuff that will be for sale soon to help with medical bills
for the ferrets.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat ferret Rescue And Shelter