From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 03:40:51 -0600
Hello all, we hope everyone has had a great holiday and we have some stuff
to share with you all.

Well, my family thinks I've competely lost it.  The T. Trio and I went home
for Thanksgiving decked out in pilgrim hats.  They were so good about
wearing them for a whole five minutes (everyone had to get pictures of
course).  The peoples were so good to my guys, everyone was gentle and gave
them lots of love.  It was a great opportunity to pass on some positive info
about ferrets as there were relatives from out of town there.

I was extremely impressed with how calm Halo was, he let my grandmother hold
him for thirty minutes!  He's always good about getting loved on but with
all those new people and loud noises I thought he would get stressed but he
was fine.  The other two were thier "put me down, put me down" selves.

A question, do y'all think that Halo is so calm because he hasn't been
neutered yet?  My two MF are nutty, always running around and not really
fond of being held.

I found out that if I scratch my guys on the back of thier thighs they
stretch them out and lift them up.  It's very cute when they are sleeping
and do it.  Do everyone's do this or are mine just freaky ferrets?

And another thing, sometimes when my guys have an itch I scratch it for them
and they'll start licking me<GGGG> makes me think I'm a ferret sometimes.

When Halo went for his second distemper shot the vet said he had ear mites
so we did the drops thing for all three of them.  Well, when my SO took him
to get his third one I had him show the vet that his ears still had that
nasty 'ear mite' color to the wax.  The vet said it was a yeast infection
and gave us some stuff (Otomax) to put in his ears.  I noticed the other day
that Halo has that orange/reddish/brown color on the shin outside the
ear(like high up on his cheek) and the other two still have that color wax
in thier ears but not as bad as Halo does.  Then today I noticed that he had
that some color stuff on his belly a couple of centimeters below his penis.
My questions are:

1) Should I use the same stuff for the yeast infection in the other two
   ferrets ears or should I take them in to be seen too?
2) How the heck did he get a yeast infection to begin with?
3) Can I use the ear stuff on the other spots with that color or should I
   take him back and get some other stuff for the non ear areas?

Thanks in advance and dooks to all and to all a good night!
Laura and The Troublesome Trio