From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:42:55 -0500
Emergency message for person who has sick baby fert from Petco, and doesnt
know if fert should be returned: Partly, this depends on economics.  If you
have hospitalization and disability insurance, and you have saved 3 months
worth of mortgage, auto, heat,groceries,phone, etc., AND you have saved a
minimum of $500 for each fert for crisis, and you have steady employment
and good vet- Id keep the fert and save its life.  If you dont have the
most basic survival funds set away already for you and companion animals, I
would give fert back.

You are responsible for yourself, and if you are in an accident, become
ill, or lose your job- you need emergency funds saved.  They are to be used
only for this purpose.  You grow old, and still have money and all that
interest earned-apply it to nursing home, funeral, or donate it to a
shelter.  You are responsible for your dependent, helpless, cancer infested
ferts.  What if all get something like ECE one year, and 5 need adrenal
surgery following year, etc.?  $500 each honestly wont be enough.  It is
just a minimum.

Dont have enough for you and yours now?  Work on Sat., give up cigarettes,
movies, cable, new furniture, knick knacks and clothing, eating out.  Cut
your own hair, do your own nails.  Stop going on vacations, and spend
vacation time doing inexpensive things.  Shop at Aldies, and warehouse
clubs.  Dont get that new carpeting.Wash your car yourself.

I do it.  Just me to support all of us here.  Gone through my $500 each
already since last July.  Wolf and Tiger are my vacation money.  Oh
well.Three years in a row now because of ferts.?  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of ME.  Because it was my decision to bring these helpless beings
into my world.

Life is really hard.  But I didnt write the book.  I just have to live life
on lifes terms.

Hope I help.
Lisette