From:
Ingella Arwidsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:32:23 +0100
Hi ferret mates.  I am worried about my 7 year old female Ellen.  She is
neutred and was healthy all her life until approx. six months ago when she
lost fur and seemed to be in heat.  She is neutred.  My vet made surgery
and found nothing.  So we put her on a cortisone cure for 8 weeks and she
got all her fur back and the heat signs vanished.

About three weeks ago I found her one evening standing in the middle of the
kitchen floor with her head upwords not moving at all.  I took her up and
she was ice-cold.  She would not bend her head down, she would not drink
and her legs did not carry her.  She seemed to be in some status of light
tetanus.  I put her in her bed in the bathroom and watched her every half
hour.  She had a couple of short cramps, almost like epilepsy and I was
sure I would have to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge the next day.

However, about one hour later , I heard her go to the food bowl in the
kitchen and she was absolutely normal and had gained normal temperature.
Everything has been OK since then, but early this morning the same thing
happened.

Does any of you have experience of this kind of behaviour.  I can add that
I have been a victim to ferret math since 1980 and I am very experienced
but this is totally new to me.

I trust FML to have members to give me some advice.

Thanks in advance

Ingella and her furballs in Sweden