From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:15:17 -0800
Some may remember that I've been dealing with Pasteurella in the
ferrets for over 3 years now. We've tried multiple antibiotics alone
and in combinations trying to clear this up.

The other day I was reading about Sinupret for kids, support for
healthy sinus and respiratory function. I printed off the information
and faxed it to our vet asking if it would be o.k. to give the ferrets.
http://www.bionoricausa.com/product-details/sinupret-for-kids
I've used sinus remedy (colloidal silver) which helps them but it
doesn't clear up the pasteurella in the 3 ferrets that keep having it
recur.

Larry called later and said he didn't see anything in the ingredients
that would be harmful to the ferrets and the ingredients should take
down inflammation so I decided it was worth a try. I have sinus issues
too and tried it first. I ordered it specifically to help little Leo
but it arrived the day after he died (in his sleep). sigh. I noticed
within 20 minutes that it took down nasal inflammation on me.

I found the alcohol content a bit high and could taste it. My ferrets
must like alcohol because they lap it right up and look for more!

I started the ferrets on 0.1 of a cc twice a day. I'm happy to report
that it is helping! I have 3 ferrets that have been plagued with
pasteurella for some time and all 3 are responding favorably. I'm
hearing less sneezing and snarkling. It's been a week.

For those who have ferrets with sneezing or the flu, you might want to
print off the info and ask your vet about using it for them. There is
an adult version but we are using Sinupret for kids oral solution.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org