Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:49:50 EST
Hello everyone,

Heather went to Animal House on 4th St (and 62nd Ave N) in St Pete to
get some ferret supplies.  I had previously sworn off this dreadful
store after we rescued Arthur from it over a year ago.  However, it was
the closest pet store for her to go to on her lunch break.

In talking to one of the girls there about Arthur, the worker mentioned
that MF ships lots of kits to them already sick.  She said every other
shipment is full of sick kits and they have to send them back.  It breaks
my heart to think about it, as we all know what happens when they get
shipped back.  Anyway, to get to the real point of my story, a six month
old (maybe older) ferret was dropped off at Animal House 4 or 5 days ago.
She is a female blaze, maybe a little over a pound.  She had been living
with her family in a car without food or water.  She's very thin.
Heather was thinking about us taking her, but with 7 of our own, we're at
our capacity.  The girl told Heather she could come back on Sunday and
talk with the manager named Steve.  She thought that once the ferret is
healthy they would either sell her or possibly adopt her out.  What
bothers me is that they have her integrated with the rest of the kits
there, without knowing her circumstances or health.

So...if anyone in the area can take her on, Sunday would be the best day
to go, as far as we've been told.

Thanks!

Heather and Becky and the Magnificent Seven